Bingo has been one of humanity’s most popular games for hundreds of years, but if you are brand new to this enjoyable pastime, never fear - here at Barbados Bingo we have you covered, with all of the info you could possibly need on how to play different bingo games.
Playing bingo games online in the uk
Before we get to the nitty gritty of the various types of online uk bingo, not to mention those all-important bingo rules, tips and tricks, let’s pause for a moment to consider the rise of online bingo and its advantages and disadvantages.
Over the past few years, there has been a marked surge in the popularity of various online casino and i-gaming entertainment options, including online slots and online bingo. In fact, despite the time-honoured popularity of bingo halls throughout the UK, most people now actually prefer to play the online version.
- The advantages of online bingo are obvious. You can play it from the comfort of your own home, or out and about if you are on the go. It is quick and easy to register at a UK online bingo site, and once you have done so, you will find a wide variety of bingo games to choose from, not to mention a plethora of different themes and jackpots.
While playing online bingo may not seem as sociable as playing in a hall with tables of other people, thanks to live bingo and bingo chat, you can still enjoy plenty of camaraderie and retain a feeling of community with other players. In fact, there are very few disadvantages to playing online, though new players may find it confusing at first, particularly as there are so many games and casino sites to choose from - the choice can be mind-boggling.
Bingo 101: the basics
Newcomers to online bingo will be pleased to learn that the rules are relatively straightforward and you are guaranteed to get the hang of it pretty quickly. Here are the basic steps to follow when playing a game of online bingo:
- Sign up to a UK casino site that offers online bingo games, such as Barbados Bingo. This involves a quick and easy sign-up process, where you create an account at the casino site and link a payment option such as an e-wallet or bank card. Once your account is verified, it’s time to start playing. New players will be entitled to a welcome promotion, such as our offer which grants you a spin of our prize-packed Mega Wheel, so make sure you claim it (Full Ts & Cs Apply)!
- Select your bingo game. There will be quite a few to choose from, ranging from 75 ball bingo through to 90 ball bingo, with various themes and jackpots. We will cover the different bingo games in more detail below.
- Once you have chosen your game it’s time to buy your bingo cards! You can buy just one if you like, but your chances of winning increase if you buy more.
- Once the game starts, numbers will be called out. If you have the same number on your card, it needs to be marked. Usually this happens automatically, but you may need to do it yourself, so make sure you pay attention. The numbers will keep being announced until one of the people playing bingo gets a win; if there is more than just prize to be won, however, the numbers will keep being called out until all the prizes have been claimed.
Online bingo special features
Something to bear in mind when playing online bingo for the first time is that the online version of the game comes with some special tricks that make it easier to play. The best bingo games types include:
- Best card highlights: in other words, the system used by the casino site you are playing on will highlight a particular card if it has more of the numbers marked on it, thereby drawing your attention to a possible win.
- Best card organisation: this is when the online system will keep your best on the top of your virtual pile to make it easier for you to monitor its progress.
- Autoplay: as with online slot games, online bingo often comes with an autoplay feature which marks your cards for you as the numbers are being announced, so you don’t have to worry about getting left behind!
The different types of bingo games
In this section we will explore the different kinds of bingo game you can choose from and find out how they work.
75 ball bingo game
75 ball bingo is played with cards that have 5 columns and five horizontal lines across them, with a free space in the middle of the card. The goal, generally, is to get all the numbers on a horizontal, vertical or diagonal line across the card. However, quite often in 75 ball bingo, you may be required to play pattern bingo, marking the numbers in a particular shape which is decided before the game begins. This shape could be a diamond, a cross or even a chevron.
80 ball bingo uk
A more recent addition to the bingo scene, 80 ball bingo is very similar to 75 ball bingo, with the main difference being the format of the bingo card. In this kind of online bingo game, the card features a 4x4 grid with different coloured columns. Again, the goal is to get a horizontal, vertical or diagonal line of numbers, or to mark numbers that form a pattern.
90 ball bingo online
90 ball bingo has 15 numbers and a 9x3 layout on the card. Random numbers between 1 and 90 will be called out during the game and there are 3 different ways to win: a 1 line win in a horizontal line; a 2 line win along two horizontal lines; or a full house, where players manage to mark off all 15 numbers on the card. If successful you could be rewarded with a substantial prize!
Slingo is the perfect game for people who love both online slots and 75 ball bingo, as it gracefully combines the two! Cards come in the form of a 5x5 grid and there are slot reels at the bottom of your screen. If you are a fan of a particular online slot, such as Fluffy Favourites or Rainbow Riches, then you are sure to be thrilled with its slingo variation.
We hope this guide on playing different bingo games has given you all the information you need to play online bingo with confidence. Check out our great selection of bingo games right here at Barbados Bingo, and if you are new to us, don’t forget to register and claim your awesome welcome promotion which could see you win up to 500 free spins on Fluffy Favourites.
*Any Free Spins/Welcome Bonuses References are subject to the following: NEW PLAYERS ONLY, MIN DEPOSIT £10, £8 MAX WIN PER 10 SPINS, MAX BONUS EQUAL TO LIFETIME DEPOSITS (UP TO £250), 65X WAGERING REQUIREMENTS AND FULL T&CS APPLY.